Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fantasy Football 2013 Mid-Season Update

It's been a bit of a strange season so far.  After blowing out my opponents and getting the highest score in the league in the first two games, I went on to lose four of the last six and current stand at 4-4.  The early explosiveness of having the trio of Mike Vick, DeSean Jackson, and LeSean McCoy turned into a dud as Chip Kelly's offence got seriously derailed.  My early gamble on drafting Rob Gronkowski high hasn't yet paid off, considering he spent the first six or seven games on the bench!  I haven't really had a lot of consistency at any position, as I've started picking up D/STs based on their opponent each week and scouring the free agent list to end up with players who were great the week before I got them and mediocre after.  And really it all starts at QB, as The Wife never tires of reminding me that I could have had Peyton Manning instead of the rotation of Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Terrell Pryor, and Nick Folkes that I've been on.

But despite all of that, I'm still only 1 game behind the division leader!  As I said, a strange season, as parity dominates: no team is better than 5-3 and no team is worse than 3-5.  So with five regular season games left, no one is safe and no one is out of the picture.  If I can squeeze into the top bracket, anything can happen, but I have to admit I'm not feeling optimistic about this team.  Is it a one-and-done "dynasty" or will I be like the Giants and last year's Ravens, who only play well once the playoffs begin?  Stay tuned.

No comments: