Monday, July 22, 2019

GameMastery Map Pack: "Farmstead" [RPG]


I ran a little adventure for my son the other day (his vampire hunter PC had a run-in with the infamous Chupacabra!), and I needed something to represent a farmhouse and surrounding land.  I opened up the Farmstead map pack from its packaging, and found it was perfect!  I usually prefer flip-mats because they're easier to use, but the modular nature of the map pack made it really easy to arrange everything exactly how I wanted it.  The set includes a really nice array of tiles: a large farmhouse (complete with yard), a barn, a pigpen/chicken coop, a well, and several tiles of various types of crop fields--pumpkin, corn, hay, and more.  The detail is really good, and the grid lines are exactly the right type--visible, but not distracting.  I wish I had this early in Rise of the Runelords, as it could have represented all the farms around the Sandpoint hinterlands.  As the back of the box indicates, farms are dangerous places in RPGs, and this is the best way I can think of to quickly get things going.

No comments: