Thursday, October 28, 2021

Pathfinder Tales: "The Lost Pathfinder" [RPG]

NO SPOILERS 

The way Paizo has reorganised its website, it's a bit tricky to find The Lost Pathfinder four-part web fiction nowadays.  But this link should do it.  The story involves the fan-favourite pair of Count Varian Jeggare and his Hellspawned bodyguard, Radovan.  There's some exciting battle scenes and the characters' thoughts and dialogue are always amusing.  My only quibble was that I found the plot confusing, which isn't usually a problem I have in Pathfinder fiction. 

 SPOILERS!

In The Lost Pathfinder, Jeggare learns that one of his agents in Ustalav is missing, while Radovan discovers there's an assassination plot against his boss!  Chapter 3 seems to be set before Chapter 2, which I found utterly confusing at the time, and there's also a chunk where I thought Jeggare had been poisoned only to realise he was just drunk.  I think.  Anyway, I'd probably enjoy this more if I were to re-read it, but at least on the first go-through, it was far from my favourite piece of Jeggare/Radovan fiction. 

No comments: