Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Pathfinder Map Pack: "Village Sites" [RPG]

 I've only actually used Village Sites a couple of times in gaming--most recently to represent some parts of Trail's End near Korvosa.  But when I sat down with it for the purposes of this review, I realised it's actually a great little pack.  As the back of the package indicates (that I was too blind to notice), you can combine four of the cards to form a really nice pub--perfect for representing a tavern the PCs go to all the time.  Two more cards fit together to make a small general store and two others fit together for a small shrine or temple.  These would be perfect to help give the players a visual sense of where they are in any campaign that has a small town as a "home base" for the PCs.  Individual cards depict small homes, with three showing interiors and three showing rooftops only.  The only feature I'm not likely to use is the four cards that combine into a decrepit fountain, though I guess one could easily imagine a speech or battle around it.  I've neglected Village Sites too long, but now that I know it contains, I'll make a lot more use out of it.

No comments: