Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Pathfinder Map Pack: "Desert Sites" [RPG]

 I got a chance to use the Desert Sites map pack a few times recently while running a module set in Osirion.  I tend to think flip-mats are easier for most random encounters, but I could see the benefit of layering a couple cards from this pack over a general desert flip-mat to make a memorable scene.  Of the 18 cards in this set, four are devoted to tents (more than necessary), two to an oasis (a must), two to footprints in the sand (interesting), two to cave entrances (smart), three to ancient monuments (love the sphinx!), two to rocks (okay), and three to what the packaging calls "Strange Sands" (I have no idea what it's meant to be, and generic desert tiles would have been preferable).  So overall, you get some winners and some losers, and I'll sum it all up as average.

No comments: