Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Pathfinder Flip-Mat: "Cathedral" [RPG]

I got a great opportunity to use the Cathedral flip-mat over the weekend while running The Demon Within.  One side is a nice, big interior shot of a classic church interior: pews, an altar, columns, an office, and some storage rooms.  It's very well-detailed, and I don't really have any complaints.  I could quibble and say a staircase leading down (presumably into a mausoleum or something) would have been a good add, but really it's a great layout.  The other side is a sort of "mirror image" of the cathedral if it had been desecrated and the site of a bloody ritual.  It's much darker (and I like how the squares are illuminated if they're next to the torch sconces) and there's a massive trail of blood coming from the front doors to some sort of ritualistic sacrifice/summoning circle.  It's very cool.  I think I would probably prefer having a completely different cathedral on the flip-side, as I could always add the spookier elements like blood trails, etc.  But overall, this is a solid and useful purchase that gives the GM a handy option anytime the PCs visit a temple, a cultist's headquarters, a town hall, etc.

No comments: