Sunday, August 10, 2008

Boba Fett # 1


For the past year I've been running a Star Wars role-playing game set during the Clone Wars. My completist tendencies have led to me learn more about the era through comics, the novel line, and more. A few days ago, I picked up Star Wars: Boba Fett, The Fight to Survive, a young adult novel and the first in a series of books set right around Episode II: The Attack of the Clones movie.


The book is actually pretty good, and I quite like the colorful cover. It tells the story of 10-year-old Boba Fett in the lead-up and shortly after seeing his father get killed in the Geonosis arena battle. Count Dooku and Aurra Sing make an appearance in the latter third of the book, and I assume the next novels in the series start to show us the makings of a young bounty hunter. Kinda fun if you're looking for a quick & low-vocab read. Is it goofy of me to read kids' books like this? Yes. Will I still buy and read them? Yes.

No comments: