Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Browns Pick Up Worst Quarterback in the League, Pay him $ 7 Million


The other day I was skimming some football blogs, something I hadn't done since the Super Bowl. I see, as expected, that the Browns let go QB Derek Anderson. Then, I'm somewhat surprised to see they also traded away QB Brady Quinn.

Later on, I see a headline about 35-year-old Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme, and I think to myself What a loser--Panthers' must have dropped his sorry ass. Clicking on the post, I learned I was correct. I also learned he was promptly picked up by the Browns, who intend to start Delhomme and pay him Seven Million Dollars.

Seriously--Worst. Quarterback. In. The. League. (okay, the Raiders' Jemarcus Russell was pretty bad last year too, but still!).

Read all about it, in this ESPN article understatedly titled

2 comments:

Bal said...

It's too late for the Browns to tank for the incredible Mr. Suh ... so who are they looking to finish last in the league this year for? :-P

Jeremy Patrick said...

From interviews, new GM Mike Holmgren says Delhomme will give the Browns "confidence" and a "winning attitude." I'm doubtful, but even if he does, I'll be amazed if Delhomme can get the Browns to better than .500 and he'll be retiring in a year or two anyway, which could put the team in exactly the position they were in recently. The Browns have also stated they're not planning on drafting a QB in the first round, but maybe one in the second . . . I couldn't understand skimping a bit at QB if they were trying to set up a run-heavy, power offense or something, but they're going to be using a West Coast offense which requires a lot of short, accurate passes. Blah!