Monday, April 29, 2019

Pathfinder "Summon Monster Pawn Collection" [RPG]

I'm well-known for my disdain of pets (familiars, animal companions, etc.) and monster summoning in RPGs (both as a GM and as a player), but I've gotten a surprising amount of value out of the Summon Monster Pawn Collection.  The set contains an excellent array of the creatures that you suddenly realize you need a pawn for: animals, elementals, celestial and fiendish outsiders, and more are included.  There are multiples of most of the small and medium creatures, but also a good array of large and huge creatures.  Many of these pawns can be found scattered across other sets, but it's always useful to have additional ones.  I wouldn't say this set is essential, but it's a good value and one you'll also probably use a lot--even if, like me, you hate pets and summoners.

If you're new to Pathfinder pawns, note that this set doesn't include the bases, and you'll need to purchase those separately.

No comments: