Friday, September 10, 2021

Pathfinder Map Pack: "Tournament" [RPG]

 Recently I had to improvise a session's worth of adventure in a long-running campaign, and had no idea what to do.  Looking at my shelves, I spotted my never-before-used Tournament map pack and decided to go with a local festival and tournament.  It turned out to be great fun, and the map pack provided plenty of good activities for the PCs to participate in.  There's a fenced off area for some (wooden) sword fighting, a long area archery range, a field for jousting, tents that can be flavored at stalls or games, and wooden stands for the audience to sit and watch.  An interesting feature I've never seen in other map packs is that many of the tiles have arrows that show how they're designed to fit with others--quite handy.  Admittedly, tournaments aren't likely to come up that often in most campaigns, but this map pack is certainly fit for purpose.

No comments: