Thursday, April 20, 2023

Starfinder Miniatures: "Iconic Heroes Set 1" [RPG]

This was the first set of Pathfinder miniatures released.  It contains the Iconic envoy (Navasi), the Iconic operative (Iseph), the Iconic mystic (Keskodai), and a starship called the Sunrise Maiden (from the first adventure path, Dead Suns).  Each miniature comes on a round black base.  I've used the Iconics miniatures several times in Starfinder Society games (people frequently have to play pre-gens), and found them really handy.  The details on the miniatures is really nice and detailed, with excellent painting and definition.  I know there was a lot of criticism of this set when it first came out because of the price and (if I remember right) some delays and concern about the history of the manufacturer, but I really think they're worth the purchase for someone who plays a lot of SFS and can make use of them.  I do wish the packaging was in a form where I could remove the miniatures and put them back without ripping the cardboard, but that's a minor quibble.

No comments: