Friday, April 8, 2011

Temeris' Big Adventure

The character I posted about a few weeks ago, Temeris Reginald Cottingswald III had his first session on Tuesday night, traipsing around Mistledale in the Forgotten Realms. The DM put a recap up here. I played Temeris as rather naive and gullible, and I can't say he was tremendously useful to the party: he opened a sealed scroll he wasn't supposed to, couldn't hit the broadside of a battleship with his crossbow, and critically fumbled an attempt to heal a dying comrade. I'm looking forward to further adventures, as we have a non-traditional party: me (a rogue), a dwarven bard, a human sorcerer, and a human (I'm guessing) ranger. In other words, we don't have a lot of muscle up front so we'll have to be clever and not rely on dumb brute strength.*

It was the first time I've ever played a traditional pen-and-paper RPG online (using the RPGTonight website) and it worked surprisingly well. It's cool to have an outlet for gaming with people that live thousands of miles away . . .

* Unless The Wife runs Daisy the Barbarian next session!

3 comments:

Steve - an Av in Nebr said...

He may not have showed a lot of use to the party but he provided plenty of comic relief for everyone...

Each character I imagine will have their chance to shine I'm sure, with the ranger having had a "mow them down" moment this past week including that one critical that likely saved Crispin from being pincushioned by the well hidden rogue that waited for him to charge by (I could have made the attack first in retrospect ... but having the rogue pop up, look to be in perfect position, then get dropped by a life saving arrow like that ... great moment).

It certainly is a bit of a non-traditional party but one that I think should work out well. I'm looking forward to next week...

Steve - an Av in Nebr said...

How about an update from Temeris now that we're several sessions in? :)

Jeremy Patrick said...

Great minds think alike! I'm planning a Temeris post and a "Where Are They Now?" post about the other PCs I've posted on this blog. But I have to say, Temeris has rapidly become one of my very favorites--he's just a blast to play!