Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Starfinder Dice: Dead Suns [RPG]

It took ages for me to capture this picture!
Obviously, I’m a sucker for branded products.  How many times in my life am I going to play the Dead Suns adventure path?  Once. Well, I might as well have the Dead Suns Dice Set then!  This set comes with a standard set of 7 dice (d4, d6, d8, two d10s, a d12, and a d20) with a bluish-purplish background (don’t trust me on color!)  The borders around each number are quite busy with little markings that I don’t really know how to describe (allegedly they’re “suggestive of vast galaxies and nebulae”), but frankly they don’t have a particularly “space adventure” vibe to me and seem closer to ancient Aztec or something.  The highest number on each dice is a black hole (maybe a nova?).  Frankly, the design looks a bit amateurish to me compared to other AP dice sets.  On the other hand, everything is clearly legible and functional.  I wouldn’t buy them as dice for dice sake, but if you’re a collector like me or just need a new set, they’re fine.



As a side note, I love how the back proclaims they are “100%-official Starfinder Dead Suns Adventure Path dice.”  What would 75% official dice look like?

No comments: