Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fantasy Football 2010 Playoffs Round Two

Before I briefly report on the second and final round of the fantasy playoffs: Wow, wasn't Marshawn Lynch's 68 yard dash yesterday an amazing play? Definitely the most impressive, powerful game-closing TD I've ever seen in the post-season, a highlight that will be shown every time the greatest playoff upsets are talked about on T.V. After watching the Seahawks upset the Saints, I couldn't wait to watch the Jets play the Colts. But my DVR decided not to cooperate, and I missed a great game. Now I am sad, but I have learned a valuable life lesson: don't let friends and a social life interfere with live NFL football.

I got handled pretty soundly in the second round of the fantasy playoffs, losing 183-137. I actually had a four-point lead after the first week (each playoff "game" is two weeks), but in the second week only scored 51 points while my opponent scored 101. With the loss, I finished up # 4 in the 10-team league. A disappointing finish, and an interesting reversal from last season where I did much worse in the regular season but won both playoff games.

The Wife's team won in the second round of the consolation bracket, and finishes the season as the # 9 team.

WEEK 16

ACCELERATED SUN RUNNERS (86 POINTS)

QB Tom Brady: 18
RB Ahmad Bradshaw: 5
RB Peyton Hillis: 3
RB/WR LaGarrette Blount: 16
WR Danny Woodhead: 18
WR Deion Branch: 2
TE Marcedes Lewis: 3
D/ST Jets: 3
K Sebastian Janikowski: 18

GULLY SIDE (82 POINTS)

QB Philip Rivers: 12
RB Michael Turner: 2
RB Michael Bush: 2
RB/WR Greg Jennings: 14
WR Pierre Garcon: 9
WR Dwayne Bowe: 21
TE Tony Gonzalez: 1
D/ST Packers: 14
K Robbie Gould: 7

WEEK 17

ACCELERATED SUN RUNNERS (51 POINTS)

QB Tom Brady: 15
RB Ahmad Bradshaw: 2
RB Peyton Hillis: 1
RB/WR LaGarrette Blount: 4
WR Danny Woodhead: -1
WR Deion Branch: 0
TE Marcedes Lewis: 6
D/ST Falcons: 17
K Sebastian Janikowski: 7

GULLY SIDE (101 POINTS)

QB Philip Rivers: 10
RB Michael Turner: 10
RB Michael Bush: 22
RB/WR Greg Jennings: 9
WR Pierre Garcon: 13
WR Dwayne Bowe: 6
TE Tony Gonzalez: 11
D/ST Packers: 17
K Robbie Gould: 3

No comments: