Monday, February 27, 2012

Transitions

Sparse posting hereabouts for the past couple of weeks, due mostly to the fact that my family and I are moving from the Frozen North to the Land Down Under in just a couple of days. It's been extremely busy as our "To-Do" list was chock full of items, but they've been slowly whittled away and everything seems to be on track for our departure on Thursday. I know the whole process has been hard on The Wife, as she's leaving her parents, cats, friends, and hometown to move with me to a new place a hemisphere away. I'm extremely greatful for her love and support. For everyone staying behind in Kingston, I feel bad for taking such joy away from them by moving Boomer away, even though I know longterm this is in my family's best interests.

Personally, I have no hesitation and I can't wait to arrive and get started in a new career and a new life. This is what I've been working for over the last several years, and there were definitely times when it seemed I would never get a position like this in academia. I intend to make the most of it, and hopefully, when all is said and done, those around me will agree it was the right choice.

No comments: