Tuesday, November 6, 2018

GameMastery Torch Bearer Pack [RPG]

This was an interesting little idea that Paizo had several years ago.  The GameMastery Torch Bearer Pack is essentially a little baggy containing (in multiples of three) a crescent-shaped plastic base, a vertical plastic shaft that slots into the crescent, a brown piece of plastic that looks like the wooden handle of a torch, and then a red piece of plastic in the shape of a flame.  With some superglue, the pieces can be assembled to create a plastic torch that hugs a round miniature's base, so that it's always clear which PC has a torch or light spell active.  It's a clever concept, and I've used the torches in several sessions now.  They're basically just a nice little visual reminder that helps the players and GMs avoid having to keep mental track of one more thing.  I don't really resent the $ 4.99 for a few laser-cut pieces of plastic that I had to assemble myself, but I wouldn't mind if there were four or five in the bag--many encounters may require more than just three.  I'd also caution that they'd be easy to break if a book or something else fell on them, so some care is needed.  Overall though, I'm happy with them.

No comments: