Monday, September 29, 2008

Working for the Devil


I recently finished Working for the Devil by the impossible-not-to-be-a-pseudonym Lilith Saintcrow. Apparently this is the first in a series of novels about a half-demon "Necromance" bounty hunter chick with a sword in a future where supernatural abilities and denizens are commonplace. It's one of those few books where, even after finishing it, I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. The protagonist is bisexual which is something I would love to see more of in genre fiction, and some of the scenes are well-written. On the other hand, it lacks the wit or originality that makes me really want to keep turning the pages. I think it's one of those books that I would read the sequel if someone gave it to me or I saw it in a bargain bin, but I wouldn't actively go out and buy.

No comments: