Thursday, September 4, 2008

Godstorm


This past week, my sig-other and I have played several rousing games of Risk: Godstorm, a variation of the classic Risk that has an ancient mythology theme. Each player has several gods drawn from a different ancient patheon that they can call upon to aid their armies in battle, and there's also the chance to get miracle cards which can do some cool things, such as sinking the entire continent of Atlantis, raining down plagues on opposing armies, etc.. The downside is that my sig-other keeps amassing massive armies and sweeping me off the board, so I've done what any good lawyer tries to do when losing: change the rules! With my sig-other's kind approval, we've instituted some new house rules to make the game more strategic and less about whoever can amass the largest single army first. All in all, it's a really cool game. Now I can't wait for my soon-to-be-delivered Risk: Star Wars.

No comments: