Monday, August 24, 2009

Torchwood Magazine # 4


The first "100-page special issue" of Torchwood Magazine is chock full of stuff:

* A good interview with Naoko Mori about Tosh getting killed off--the sense I get is she's a bit bummed, but understands it's the nature of the business.

* A brief interview with Lachlan Nieboer, the actor who plays Gray, Jack's long lost brother. He seems nice enough, but I'm surprised to find out this was his first ever acting gig and he was chosen more because he looks like John Barrowman than anything else.

* Part one of the Rift War! comic strip. I reviewed the collected edition elsewhere, so here all I'll do is reiterate: crap.

* A discussion about seeing the Victorian-era Hub and Torchwood institute in Fragments. I could definitely stand to see more of these characters.

* An episode guide for all of Season Two--this turned out to be better than I expected, as it has some interesting trivia on each episode. The "Analysis" is uniformly positive, but I guess that's to be expected in an official tie-in magazine.

No comments: