Thursday, August 27, 2009

Torchwood Magazine # 5


We'll go from back to front this time around. Spicy!

* An ad for the Doctor Who Nintendo DS game--I didn't know such a thing existed, but I would certainly buy a used copy. (Random aside: I'm still very slowly working on the first game I got with my DSa couple of years ago, Metroid: Fusion--it's quite hard! After that, I plan to get to the game I really want to play, Professor Layton and the Curious Village) (Even more random aside: I'm secretly very happy that my Star Craft game constantly freezes up on my computer, so I have an excuse to try something else out--real-time strategy games just aren't my cup of tea).
* Interviews with the writers of three Torchwood novels: Something in the Water, Trace Memory, and The Twilight Streets. I like this because there's a limited number of episodes for so many issues of the magazine to pore over, while the sometimes-quite-interesting spin-off fiction usually doesn't get much attention.

* A photo-spread "The Many Deaths of Captain Jack". Electrocution and gunshots seem to be in the lead, with stabbing and suffocation running behind.

* The second part of the Rift War! strip. I still hate the artwork, but I don't hate the story as much as I did the first read through.

* A surprisingly interesting piece on how they pick the different fashion styles for the characters.

* Interviews with Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) and Chris Chibnall (writer of Fragments, the really good flashback episode).

No comments: