Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fantasy Football 2010 Playoffs Round 1

Well, crap. I lost in the first round of the playoffs by the score of 199 to 195, and it wasn't really even that close. Each round lasts two weeks, and after the first week I had a pretty sizable 43 point lead! And then somehow I found myself down four points going into the Monday night game. My opponent's D/ST (Bears) was the only player left to play for either of us, and since my opponent had a slim lead he was clever enough to simply not play the Bears at all and risk negative points (he needn't had taken the precaution in retrospect, as the Bears put up 21 points). It's one of those annoying results, as the 195 points I scored would have been enough to beat every other team in the league except the one I happened to go up against.

So for round two of the playoffs, I'll be up against the # 4 seed and playing for third or fourth in the league.

The Wife dropped the first round of the consolation bracket by the score of 190 to 161.

WEEK 14

Accelerated Sun Runners (114 Points)
QB Tom Brady (22)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (17)
RB Peyton Hillis (9)
RB/WR LaGarrette Blount (4)
WR Danny Woodhead (8)
WR Deion Branch (21)
TE Marcedes Lewis (11)
D/ST Jets (15)
K Sebastian Janikoski (7)

Team Oool (71 Points)

QB Michael Vick (21)
RB Ray Rice (11)
RB Rashard Mendenhall (6)
RB/WR Steven Jackson (10)
WR Anquan Boldin (4)
WR Santonio Holmes (5)
TE Chris Cooley (2)
D/ST Eagles (4)
K Josh Scobee (8)

WEEK 15

Accelerated Sun Runners (81 Points)

QB Tom Brady (14)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (7)
RB Peyton Hillis (7)
RB/WR LaGarrette Blount (17)
WR Terrell Owens (0)
WR Deion Branch (3)
TE Marcedes Lewis (6)
D/ST Jets (12)
K Sebastian Janikowski (15)

Team Oool (71 Points)

QB Michael Vick (38)
RB Ray Rice (35)
RB Rashard Mendenhall (16)
RB/WR Steven Jackson (15)
WR Anquan Boldin (0)
WR Santonio Holmes (4)
TE Chris Cooley (14)
D/ST (None)
K Josh Scobee (6)

1 comment:

Bal said...

I as well lost in the first round of the playoffs. After having more points scored against me than any other team in the regular season by over a hundred points I still managed to finish 2nd at 10-4, then again ran into the "hot team". My opponent had Vick (51 pts), and Calvin Johnson and Jason Whitten both had 20-25 points as well. I got some good performances but couldn't overcome that nearly 100 points from just three players. The first place team also lost, and the 3rd place team would have lost if he would have played any other team in the playoffs as he was 7th in scoring of the 8 and his opponent just happened to be 8th. I'll be pushed into playing for 5th after my 2nd place regular season finish.

Needless to say it is a disappointing end but I did enjoy it and will certainly do it again next year...