Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fantasy Football 2010 Week 13

As always, the funny thing about fantasy football is that you only have control over how well your own team does--the 93 points I put up in Week 13 was one of my highest of the season and would have been enough to beat six of the other teams in the league; but the team I actually faced put up a monstrous 130 and I ended up getting blown out pretty bad. Ahmad Bradshaw and LaGarrette Blount had strong production for me. My decision to play it safe by starting neither Tom Brady nor the Jets D/ST for the big Monday night game didn't make much of a difference: Tom Brady scored a lot more points than the QB I started (Matt Ryan), but the D/ST I started (the Falcons) scored a lot more points than the Jets, so it ended up pretty much a wash.

The loss drops me to 8-5 for the 2010 regular season, which is a pretty good improvement on the 4-9 record I posted in 2009. I scored a total of 1178 points (tied for second best in the league and in the 91st percentile of all 10-team leagues on ESPN) and gave up 1152 (the seventh most in the league).

I enter the playoffs next week as the # 3 seed in the league and battle the # 2 seed in the first round (which lasts two weeks). The Patriots are hot so I plan on starting every one of them I have on my team: Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, and Woodhead. Live by the Pats, Die by the Pats!

After sprinting out of the gates to start the season, The Wife's team limped to the end with a 5-7-1 record and a spot as the # 7 seed. She'll play the # 8 seed in the first round of the consolation bracket. Because I won our bet on the "points for" tally, she has a blog post of my choosing to write. "1001 Ways Jeremy is Awesome" has crossed my mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

Accelerated Sun Runners (93 Points)

QB Matt Ryan 12 Points
RB Ahmad Bradshaw 21 Points
RB Peyton Hillis 7 Points
RB/WR LaGarrette Blount 16 Points
WR Terrell Owens 10 Points
WR Deion Branch 12 Points
TE Marcedes Lewis 3 Points
D/ST Falcons 8 Points
K Sebastian Janikowski 4 Points

Kentucky The Garrs (130 Points)

QB Eli Manning 4 Points
RB Adrian Peterson 28 Points
RB LeSean McCoy 24 Points
RB/WR Cedric Benson 17 Points
WR Reggie Wayne 26 Points
WR Malcolm Floyd 7 Points
TE Rob Gronkowski 1 Point
D/ST Browns 13 Points
K Mason Crosby 10 Points

2 comments:

Bal said...

You can only control your own team ... so very true. This week I started out by seeing my opponent get 70 points from Vick and one Eagles back (or reciever, don't remember). Down 70-0 just from those two players put me in a huge hole. However the rest of his players were pedestrian at best and my team had some good performanaces. Brees played well (32pts), the Cleveland D which I picked up did well (13pts), and Welker, McFaddon, and Charles averaged 16 points each (I had sat Bradshaw). The big player of the week though was Reggie Wayne though as his 14 for 200 and a TD got me 33 points. I ended up winning pretty easily in the end 138-114.

I'm second in the league at 9-4 with one week left before playoffs (top 8 play out a bracket the last 3 weeks), one game back of the 10-3 leader. I have more points than anyone in the league but have also had more points scored against me than any other team in the league with noone else within 120 points of that mark. (Yes, that means I'm giving up nearly 10 more points a week than any other team in the league...) To be at 9-4 given that fact I'm pretty happy.

One more week, then the playoffs. Should be fun... :)

Jeremy Patrick said...

That's pretty impressive, coming back from a 70-0 hole after the Thursday night game! And 9-4 is quite the mark given your favorite sport is actually hockey. Maybe I'll try *my* hand someday at fantasy hockey and blow the roof off the place ;)