Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boomer's First Week

Tomorrow is Boomer's one-week birthday, and he's thriving. The first couple of days we were a little worried that he was sleeping too much and not eating enough, and the last couple of days he's had us scrambling because he's been eating a ton and sleeping more erratically. Since The Wife takes care of him every morning while I sleep, I watch him on the "night shift" from about 11 p.m. to 5 or 6 a.m. It's my favorite part of the day, as Boomer snoozes on my lap and we watch classic cartoons on a channel called TeleToon Retro--everything from G.I. Joe to The Real Ghostbusters to Batman: The Animated Series. I also read to him from his first ever comic book (I picked it up on the way to bring him home from the hospital), Archie Double Digest # 217 and another comic (officially part of Daddy's collection), DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest # 23 featuring Green Arrow. This last comic has been a hoot, as it's a collection of reprints from Green Arrow throughout the character's existence. My favorite so far is when Green Arrow and his sidekick Speedy crossed over to "Dimension Zero" by hanging on to a skyscraper-sized "cable arrow" shot by a child from that dimension to our own. While there, they encounter the hero Xeen Arrow. It's kooky, goofy fun. Man, Boomer's a lucky kid!

1 comment:

The Wife said...

Boomer is DEFINITELY a lucky kid to have such a great daddy. We're both pretty lucky to have you in fact.