Monday, July 4, 2011

Torchwood: "A Day in the Death" (S2, E8)


"Three days ago, I died and they think I'm fine. But they're wrong."

A Day in the Death

Season Two, Episode Eight ("Owen Harper must track down a reclusive millionaire and retrieve a mysterious alien artifact before it vaporises Britain.")

WHAT I LIKED

* The actress playing Maggie turned in a solid performance.

* Interesting conception of what it means to be undead: not rotting flesh or invulnerability, but an extremely fragile body that can't repair itself.

WHAT I DIDN'T

* Martha leaving. She had great chemistry with the cast and added a different sort of energy--why not make her permanent?

WHAT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT

DELETED SCENES

* Gwen and Martha commiserate over Owen.

* An extended, uncut scene of Owen's conversation with Parker.

TORCHWOOD DECLASSIFIED

* Discussion on Owen's so-called life.

* Filming Owen's jump into the bay, and filming underwater.

* Casting Richard Briers as Parker

No comments: