Monday, July 4, 2011
"Three days ago, I died and they think I'm fine. But they're wrong."
A Day in the Death
Season Two, Episode Eight ("Owen Harper must track down a reclusive millionaire and retrieve a mysterious alien artifact before it vaporises Britain.")
WHAT I LIKED
* The actress playing Maggie turned in a solid performance.
* Interesting conception of what it means to be undead: not rotting flesh or invulnerability, but an extremely fragile body that can't repair itself.
WHAT I DIDN'T
* Martha leaving. She had great chemistry with the cast and added a different sort of energy--why not make her permanent?
WHAT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT
* Gwen and Martha commiserate over Owen.
* An extended, uncut scene of Owen's conversation with Parker.
* Discussion on Owen's so-called life.
* Filming Owen's jump into the bay, and filming underwater.
* Casting Richard Briers as Parker