Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gravity


At a library used book sale, I stumbled across the digest collection Gravity for a quarter (if only all my comics were so cheap!). I had never heard of the character, who was added to the Marvel Universe in 2005--since the mini-series collected here, he's been quite the cosmic hero, having saved planets and being named Protector of the Universe or something: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(comics)

This digest is of a far more down-to-earth vein. The superhero named Gravity is a freshman student from Wisconsin who moves to NYC to attend NYU. The series is very much an homage to early Spider-Man, as Gravity tries to balance being a super-hero with going to school and having a girlfriend. I found it genial enough, though not necessarily something I would yearn to read more of.

No comments: