Friday, September 4, 2009

Computer Game Renunciation

After many years of off-and-on courtship, I've finally had to break things off with computer games. The simple fact is that in our relationship, computer games has always been unreliable and unpredictable--sure, sometimes everything would go smoothly, but others we'd be deep in the throes of passion and then BAM, computer games would suddenly stop and go cold, saying nothing more than "ERROR--Port 0191 Mem Conflict" and so forth. It got to the point where I began to regret making dates with computer games, as I could never tell if or when we'd be together. Perhaps if it wasn't for Vista, computer games and I could make it work--and, maybe someday, we'll try again. But for now I've rekindled things with an old flame: video games. Sure, NES is a little older now and likes to be called by more "grown up" names like Wii or DS. But video games was my first love, and always seems to be there, even if there's a certain depth missing in the relationship that only computer games could provide.

No comments: