Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fantasy Football (2009): Draft

I'm excited about the upcoming NFL season, so I decided for the first-time ever to enter a free fantasy football league. It's a little bit of a weird experience, as there's a live online draft and a modicum of trash-talking by the other "team owners." Each week, your team goes head-to-head with another guy's team, and the team with the most points (determined purely by adding individual player stats) wins the game and is a step closer to winning the league. My team, the Sun Runners, is a little bit odd. For starting players, I have a really good quarterback and two running backs that I think will be productive. I should also be set at defense (my reason for picking the Steelers is that--apart from their being damned good on defense--I'll be able to snatch some solace out of their kicking the crap out of the Browns like they always do). I'm not sure about wide-receiver--I'll likely make some substitutions there after a couple of weeks. For back-ups, Brett Favre is a lock should anything happen to Manning, and I drafted James Davis (Browns RB) because he was just great during the pre-season.

The Sun Runners

Peyton Manning, Ind QB
Steve Slaton, Hou RB
LenDale White, Ten RB P
Le'Ron McClain, Bal RB
Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
Josh Cribbs, Cle WR
John Carlson, Sea TE
Steelers D/ST, Pit D/ST
David Akers, Phi K

Bench
Brett Favre, Min QB
Lance Moore, NO WR P
James Davis, Cle RB
Heath Miller, Pit TE
John Carney, NO K
Michael Crabtree, SF WR P
Todd Heap, Bal TE

No comments: