Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Torchwood Magazine # 13


The "Top Three!" make the cover--i.e., the only cast members still alive after Season Two (and now presumably reduced to the Top Two after Children of Earth). Man, attrition is high for members of Torchwood!
Inside:

* An interview with Peter Bennett, producer of Children of Earth.

* A spread of the "Top Ten Torchwood Moments" The show hasn't really been on that long, but anyway. The magazine picks as number one Nerys Hughes (a well-known British actress, I guess) exploding in the big wedding episode. Since that doesn't mean much to yanks like myself, I'd probably choose what they gave the # 2 spot: the opening of Season Two's Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, where Captain Jack and Captain John Hart (played by James Marsters) fight, kiss, and fight. Vicious and sexy.

* A fold-out poster. One on side is a nice shot of the cast (including Tosh and Owen); on the flip side is a crappy drawing of the cast done in the comic strip style (Captain Jack is way too skinny, Owen and Tosh are difficult to tell apart, etc.).

* The final entry in the ten-part Rift War! strip. This is the second time I've read it, and I still don't really understand what happened. Excuse me Paul Grist (script and art), you need to send me $ 1.47 to reimburse me for the portion of the purchase price taken up by your strip.

* An interview with P.J. Hammond, writer of the episodes Small Worlds (with faeries) and From Out of the Rain (the travelling circus). I thought the former episode was pretty good, but hated the latter.

* The third part of a short story entitled The Book of Jahi. I won't read this until I've obtained the previous two parts. Await my verdict with bated breath!

No comments: