Thursday, January 12, 2012

NFL 2011 Playoffs Round 2 Predictions

Seven games left, and The Wife and I are still tied . . .

Saints @ 49ers
------------------
The Wife: Saints
Me: Saints (I just need to see more of Alex Smith before I put big game faith in him to get it done against what is arguably the best offense in NFL history . . .)
Steve: Saints ("I'd love for SF to prove me wrong but I don't think they will.")

Broncos @ Patriots
-------------------------
The Wife: Broncos
Me: Broncos (I remember back when the pundits were confident Tebow would play for one or two games before John Fox would sit him for the rest of the season; I remember when the pundits said there was no way Tebow could beat the Jets because Rex Ryan had literally written the book on stopping option offenses; I remember how the pundits said there was no way the Broncos would make it past the Steelers and their stifling defense; so hell, I'm picking Tebow!)
Steve: Patriots ("No way, NO way, I see Denver getting past New England.")

Texans @ Ravens
---------------------
The Wife: Ravens
Me: Ravens (Flacco has more experience than Yates, and, exactly contrary to what I said above, I foresee a Ravens/Patriots AFC Championship game that should be a fun one to watch)
Steve: Ravens ("This is the one this week where I went back and forth before deciding on my pick")

Giants @ Packers
--------------------
The Wife: Packers
Me: Giants (feelin' an upset comin' on!)
Steve: Packers ("Green Bay's offense is just too much to handle... ")

No comments: