Monday, September 6, 2010

More NFL Predictions

Pro Football Weekly

Last month I blogged about the Sporting News' predictions for who would win each NFL division. Since I think it'll be a fun experiment to see how accurate these predictions turn out to be once February rolls around, here's who Pro Football Weekly is predicting to win:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers

Super Bowl: Packers over Colts

Comparing the two magazines' predictions, it looks like they predict the same winner for five of the eight divisions, with the difference points being the AFC East (Jets vs. Patriots), the NFC North (Packers vs. Vikings), and NFC South (Saints vs. Falcons). They also predict completely different teams to play in the Super Bowl.

My Predictions

As a control group for this experiment, I'll go ahead and make my predictions as well. In order to have a little fun and distinguish my picks from the previous two sets, I'm gambling big in the AFC West and NFC East and (even bigger) in the NFC West. In several months we'll see whether or not the big-time magazines should have drafted me . . .

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Raiders

NFC East: Redskins
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Rams

Super Bowl: Titans vs. Packers

3 comments:

Bal said...

I'll add my predictions as well. Almost took the Ravens over the Steelers just because of the lost games at QB the first 4 weeks (this could be the difference in the division in my opinion) and the AFC West is weak all around and could go to anyone really but likely Chargers or Raiders...

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers

Jeremy Patrick said...

Bal: All credible picks based on last season's play, but my theory is this: there's always surprises every season, with teams going from first to last and last to first. That's why I made some crazy picks, swinging for the home run :)

Bal said...

You're right, generally there are a few surprises. I tend to look for them too but this year I just don't see many out there. I guess if I threw a couple in for the sake of making a few surprise picks it might be a bit more like this...


AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens (because of the QB situation the first 1/4 of the season with Pitt)
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Raiders (they do play in a week division and could surprise)

NFC East: Giants
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Rams (the '9ers aren't as much of a shoe in to win this division as some think)