Friday, October 16, 2009

Fantasy Football Week Five

Week Five of the NFL season will be memorable to me for the Browns winning one of the worst football games I've ever seen, a 6-3 victory of the Bills. NFL Total Access called it "The Game of the Weak", and I've gotta agree. Basically, the Browns won because their punter was really good and kept pinning the Bills behind their own ten yard line.

Anyway, my fantasy football team suffered a (relatively) narrow 82-73 loss. Peyton Manning once again did awesome for me, and my RBs did a solid job as well (if Ricky Williams could have come up with a touchdown and about thirty more yards on Monday Night, I would've won). My normally good receiving corps didn't put up many points however, and that was the difference. The loss leaves me with a 2-3 record half-way through the fantasy season.

Next game is going to be tough, as Peyton Manning, Ricky Williams, Patrick Crayton, and Pierre Garcon all have bye-weeks so I've had to try to salvage some players from the bench and waivers to make up the difference.

Sun Runners: 73 TOTAL
Peyton Manning, Ind QB 22
Steve Slaton, Hou RB 8
Ricky Williams, Mia RB 13
Patrick Crayton, Dal WR 2
Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR 7
Pierre Garcon, Ind WR 0
Todd Heap, Bal TE 4
Steelers D/ST, Pit D/ST 9
David Akers, Phi K 8

Liquor Store Porkchop: 82 TOTAL
Eli Manning, NYG QB 14
DeAngelo Williams, Car RB 3
Clinton Portis, Was RB 18
Glen Coffee, SF RB 12
Mario Manningham, NYG WR 9
Sidney Rice, Min WR 6
Vernon Davis, SF TE 5
Patriots D/ST, NE D/ST 6
Ryan Longwell, Min K 9

No comments: